Do you know what that's from? :) Nerd alert and it does have something to do with this post. A little bit.
To begin: Happy Birthday to the most gorgeous man on the planet! In my opinion anyways.
Thanks to my running endeavors, I have learned that I am not a runner. I will be totally screwed in the event of a tsunami, fast zombie, meteor and alien apocalypse. There is no place I will get to fast enough to hide... my only chance is slow-moving zombie apocalypse. I think the closest cemetery has pretty high fences too so that is to my benefit. I'd bet too that I am that idiot in the movie that trips and gets left behind.
I am a pretty good fast-walker so that's ok. Hopefully I will still have a nice looking tush by bikini time.
Last night I had a dream that my wedding was a total disaster. :) Paulie wasn't ready, I didn't have time to do my hair, make-up or get my dress on... half of the people that we invited weren't there, the ceremony was a terribly fumbled 5 minutes and the rest of the party was just as bad. It didn't stress me out but it was one of those dreams that felt real.
So Paul asked me to go with him on that trip I mentioned. Out to Emporium, Pennsylvania. Hahahaa. Where? Apparently it's close to the city of St. Mary's. I didn't know where that was either. Now I know that it's clear across Pennsylvania in the middle of nowhere. That part I don't mind, I love the woods and hiking. It's the surrounded-by-strangers-all-weekend part that bugs me a little. I did, however, discover Cherry Springs State Park which is exciting me right now with their claim to fame:
"Due to it's exceptionally dark skies, Cherry Springs State Park is one of the best places on the eastern seaboard for stargazing and the science of astronomy..."
Um, YES! Also, the PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources declared Cherry Springs the first Dark Sky Park in the eastern US. More info here: Cherry Springs Dark Park I'm more that just a little thrilled about this idea now. I'm also thrilled for the opportunity to get some photographs. When I was a kid I was really taken by the Franklin Institute in Philly, especially the astronomy exhibits. It's still fascinating to me... that and oceanography. I was interested in anything that didn't have much to do with people. Haha.
Anyway, there is also a cute old timey movie theatre in St. Mary's. I doubt it's worth the trip but it's gonna be a long weekend... so maybe. So far there is rain predicted for the whole weekend. I don't know how much quad riding the boys will get in. Ah, this should be an adventure.
1 comment:
get some good pics for your show...and get those labels done!! haha...got a new place to bother you!!!!!!!!!!! love mOM
Post a Comment