26 April 2011

Boys Weekend... with Girls

So Paul's big quad trip was last weekend and I did go. Mm, it was ok. I saw a Bald Eagle so that was pretty sweet.

It rained basically the entire time. We didn't get to go to the Dark Sky Park but we did see a lot of stars on Saturday night from the house. Otherwise the girls just kinda cleaned up after the boys all weekend since they were riding their toys in the mud. So there was that.





Us girls did the cooking too. The men fussed over the fireplace pretty much the entire time they weren't riding... it was a nice fire though.

On Sunday I got some interesting photos during the breaks in the rain.





The townspeople of Emporium, PA are very nice. Paul even got free coffee on Sunday because it was Easter. Who knew? Woulda been nicer if it was free gas or something but we'll take it!

The Easter Bunny didn't visit us but we did have a nice Easter dinner. Ham and everything. The fridge was stocked full of food when Paul and I left on Sunday night. I hope they didn't have to throw anything out as the rest of the group was leaving Monday morning.

Not much else to report except that we saw more animals driving home than we did the whole weekend. That Bald Eagle was pretty awesome and there were some gross vultures. Saw a lot of deer. We accidentally killed a squirrel while driving and we are both sad about that... a chipmunk almost his life too but we somehow missed him. This leads me to conclude that chipmunks are smarter than squirrels. Might not be true but that was my nature lesson last weekend.

No comments: