25 March 2011

So little time!

There is so much to talk about and so little time. A busy weekend is already beginning!

Last night Paul and I bought running shoes. My knees hurt just thinking about it. We got home, laced up and ran out the door. I was awesome... for about two minutes. We were only out for about 20 minutes and I definitely needed to alternate between walking and jogging. Yoga is how I exercise so this was a shock to the old system. It didn't help that it was about 35 degrees out either. Still, I am proud of myself for doing it. Paul, on the other hand, could have ran a few miles. I'm sure of it. He did a hell of a job. Afterwards we both did yoga which was also pretty wonderful and then I had the best sleep ever.

This morning was interesting. I had a dream that I was riding a bed down the sidewalk. What the hell is that? I even stopped to fill it with gas. lmao...

Interesting news item - today is the 100th anniversary of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. What an unbelievable disaster. If you are one of these 'let's take away worker's rights and destroy labor union' types, check your history and google this tragedy.. a tragedy that could have been avoided had these poor women been treated like human beings.

It's also time for the Cherry Blossom Festival. :) What beautiful trees they are! One of my favorites. It might be a little chilly for them but I hope we see some pretty cherry blossoms soon. I love Springtime!

Lots to do this weekend... parties, friends, christening, baking. Hopefully there is some sleep in there too.

No comments: